Friday, February 19, 2016

Do Blondes Really Have More Fun?

I went and did something absolutely crazy! Platinum blonde. That's right, I went for it. Going blonde is something I've always wanted to try out, but haven't ever fully committed to going through with. Getting from my dark brown hair to platinum took a lot of work, and it didn't happen in one day. There were a couple days where I had some pretty weird colored hair, but it was all worth it once I achieved that platinum color with minimal damage. Now you for sure think I'm crazy, there's no way I could bleach it 3 times without completely frying off my hair, But it's true! All you need is a great licensed hairdresser, (luckily mine is my sister) and a product called Olaplex.

I'm not going to get into everything about Olaplex because this is a product only a licensed professional can buy. Basically how it works, is when you bleach or color hair, 'bonds' in the hair-strand are broken and what Olaplex actually does, is reconnect these bonds. 

So I guess you want to ask, do blondes really have more fun? I'm not sure yet, but I plan to find out!(:




p.s these pictures were taken about a month after I actually bleached my hair so my roots are already starting to show. Being platinum when your hair is naturally dark requires a ton of maintenance! I think next time I go back home I'll add some low-lights or something since I'm not around enough to keep up with it. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! I've been wanting to do platinum for forever!

    ReplyDelete