Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Doggy Pupcakes (dog lovers only)

Disclaimer: this is a post about dog cupcakes. Literally cupcakes for dogs. So if you don't have a dog or aren't interested in learning how to make a dog friendly cupcake you can just stop reading now haha. Everyone else, continue. ;)

Anyone who knows me knows I am in love with my dog, Tank. I honestly see him as a little family member, not just the family pet. So when his birthday rolled around last summer, I wanted to throw him a 'dog pawty.' Complete with dog-friendly cupcakes, snacks and little 'pawty' favors for all his little doggy friends to take home. Then I realized...he didn't have any doggy friends close by. They were all back in Idaho. I still felt like I wanted to at least make him his own little doggy cake with peanut butter smudged on top of the cupcake. Oh and don't forget the milkbone treat. I found a recipe online and cut it in half since I was only making them for one dog and I got about 3 or 4 cupcakes. 
(Don't mind all his toys lying around. It was his birthday. He did what he wanted.)


Doggy Pupcakes              yield: 12 Pupcakes 
1 C white flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 C peanut butter
1/4 C vegetable oil
1 C shredded carrots
1 tsp Vanilla
1/3 C honey
1 egg
Mix flour and baking soda together and then add all other ingredients. Bake at 450 for 30-40 minutes.
Frost with whipped non fat cream cheese, or in my case, peanut butter. Top with milkbone treat for full effect. Mines not very pretty in the pictures because my husband let him have a bite before I got the camera ready haha so just imagine how good it looked originally (: 

P.S if you want to check out what a full blown dog 'pawty' looks like check out this blogpost.


No comments:

Post a Comment