Thursday, January 14, 2016

Every Day Flawless Foundation


Every girl wants flawless skin, at least I know I do. This makeup tutorial will teach you how to correctly apply foundation, concealer and how to contour and highlight to achieve that flawless look. I will list everything used at the bottom of the post!

The first thing you are going to want to do is moisturize. Moisturizing your skin is such an important step that you cannot skip! I like to use one that has an spf of at least fifteen. Spf is important because it adds that extra protection against the sun which ages your skin prematurely. Another plus of using a moisturizer is that it helps your foundation go on smoother. In this tutorial I used "hope in a jar" which you can get at Ulta.




After you moisturize, let it soak in your skin for at least 5 minutes before you apply a primer. Primer is not necessary, but they have all kinds out there that help with different things such as: long-wearing, pore shrinking, mattefiying and many others. I used the "Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Primer" from Sephora.



Once your primer has set, you can move on to foundation. My favorite foundation right now is the liquid foundation from Becca. It's a build-able medium to full coverage foundation. Use a beauty blender to blend your foundation all over your face and neck/jaw line. Make sure blend very well in this area because no one likes a noticeable line.

(after foundation, before concealer)

Next up, concealing the under eye area. I used the "tarte creaseless" concealer from Sephora. Instead of concealing in a half circle right under the eye, you are going to want to conceal in an inverted triangle shape. You can use the mini beauty blender or your finger for this area. You want to use tapping motions or you'll just push all the product around. If you go from the outer corner of your eye towards the inner corner it will help the concealer not crease. Setting the under eye area with powder will also help with the creasing. I usually use the banana powder from the Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit but today I used "makeup forever HD high definition powder."


Look at how much of a difference adding concealer to your routine makes!

I contoured ambers face using the "Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit" with the deepest shade they have. I believe it's called "Fawn." Whenever you contour don't forget to shade in the top corners of your forehead to even out the color. After your contour, apply some blush to the top of the cheekbones. Today I used Mary Kay in the shade, "Citrus Bloom." I love to highlight the tops of the cheekbones and the Cupid's bow with Becca's "Champagne Pop."

Becca's "Champagne Pop"




Today I used "Too Face Chocolate Bar" to create a natural eyeshadow look. Always start with the light colors first and work your way towards the darker shades. I will do an in depth eye shadow tutorial in a future post.


You can finish off with just Mascara or add some eyeliner for a more defined look. For this look I used "Stilla Liquid Eyeliner Pen." I also filled in Amber's eyebrows using Benefit "Brow Zings."
Set everything with a setting spray, I used "Urban Decay's All Nighter Setting Spray." 

 Now you should have a natural, flawless looking face!


Products Used:
Mary Kay Blush (see local distributor)





No comments:

Post a Comment